Teddie the Golden Doodle

Teddie the Golden Doodle
Lazy Summer Days

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do Over!

Okay, perhaps I need a do-over on the whole blogging idea.  So  I am starting anew, with every intention of keeping it up this time.  Today was a day I have my favorite little Rat Terrier - Benson.  Benson (Benny) is usually either the biggest, or the smallest dog in my pack, depending upon the day.  When I pick up Benny he expects two things.  First, he expects Nuala (the wheaten terrier) to grump at him when he gets into the vehicle.  Second, he expects Ollie (the golden retriever) to wrestle. 

So from Benny's house, until I reach the park...well, shall we say, the truck it is a-rockin'.  I often see the people on Benny's street look very concerned as I drive by...concerned for Benny's well being.  What they don't know, but I can see, is that it is Benny on top of Ollie, straddling his neck and chewing on this face that is causing all of the ruckus. 

 Benson (Benny) gets along with everyone at the park.  He loves to play chase, he loves to wrestle, he loves to check out the people.  He never vocalizes, and generally he listens very well.  Unfortunately for the small dogs, he is taking all of the tricks the larger dogs are teaching him, and using them on the smaller dogs....On those days, he is the one greeting the dogs with a grump when they load into the back end.  He also goes from being the little dog underfoot mouthing up at the larger dogs, to being the larger dog with little miss Sabine mouthing up at him.

My favorite Benny move though is his Vulture stance.  He loves to step onto large rocks, place all four feet into one place, and lean.  I mean really lean, out over the edge.  His balance is amazing.  I have even seen him manage this maneuver on a log in the water at the lake...while it was washing back and forth in the waves...like a log roller.  Pretty amazing little guy.  Definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment