Teddie the Golden Doodle

Teddie the Golden Doodle
Lazy Summer Days

Monday, July 25, 2011

La La is Back

Well, I wish I could say that I'd been away to France watching each stage of Le Tour de France this year from the side of the road.  But truth be told, I spend every morning watching every stage from the comfort of the window seat in my breakfast room.  I understand that this may seem like a poor excuse for not posting, but in reality it effectively took up all of my spare time, and the momentum I had built up for blogging.  However, thanks to Cadel Evans and his success in the alps and time trial victory, it is now time to return to doing those things which get me through the day, including my dog blog.  I would like to thank those of you who checked in with me and let me know you missed the posts.  It feels good to know someone is enjoying them. 

So where to begin, there have been so many dog park trips since I last posted that I am not quite sure where to start.  Perhaps with Maisy, who has learned to love a new toy.  It is a soft mini Frisbee and she loves it to death.  She is obediently sitting before I throw it, if I am on shore.  I have been insisting on this as otherwise she can barely contain her enthusiasm and hobby horse hops in front of me. 

The beauty of summer is that I do not have to remain on shore.  I am able to wade or swim out with the dogs.  If I do this, I can play fetch with her without the other dogs on shore distracting her and she gets much more exercise.  She is really looking svelt these days.  Ollie will join her out in the water when we are doing this, but after a few minutes he gets tired, and instead of going back to shore will try to climb me as if I am a little island out there.  Needless to say, I push him away and send him to shore.  Goofy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment